Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Stinky!

Today was a pretty rotten day for Asa! He had some mucus in his throat and was gagging and puking this morning. He missed OT because of all the puke and gagging. He was so clingy that I couldn't get him ready and keep him from puking at the same time. Things improved this afternoon. But then tonight he flared back up.

Cade had been in his room playing with him. Cade was hiding and then jumping out to surprise him. Asa loved it. He really gets tickled. But the kids miss the stop cues! They keep the game going well after Asa has had enough. Tonight was no different. I got out of the shower and Asa was sick! I feel bad fussing at the big kids but they have got to learn he can't play like them! He can't play wild for more than a few minutes usually. It really sucks but that's just how it is.

So then I spend the next 2 hours in the recliner with him. First I drained him so he wouldn't puke. Then after a little while I started a gravity feed that took an hour to go in! Super slow for him. Still, he started getting sick. By that time I was done! I get so tired of spending hours a day keeping him from getting sick! You might wonder how tiring can it really be holding him for hours a day?! Well, next time I'll let you try it!!

On the positive side....the Nexium was approved and I can pick it up tomorrow. That means he won't get a dose until tomorrow night but hopefully things will get better. Things have to get better! Is 8pm too early to go to bed!

1 comment:

Meghan Clement said...

Kim,

Sending big hugs your way. I hope the Nexium takes no time to kick in and that Asa gets to feeling better soon!

Meghan