Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Playing catch up!

I can't believe I haven't posted since before Mother's Day! And to leave on such a downer post too! Well rest assured that my mood is so much better after a little blog therapy! Seriously, there is so much going on in this little brain of mine that once I get some of the negative thoughts out I feel so much better! I'm sure you all love having to endure the whining and pity parties I can throw! But you guys are always so great! I got several emails from some super moma's who said they are having the same feelings as me. And then several comments on here! Really, you guys are great!! You make a girl feel a lot less lonely and a little less crazy! :)

My Mother's Day was good. I'm not sure why Mother's Day is on Sunday, I think it should be Saturday. We get up early to go to church on Sunday so there goes the plan of sleeping late on Mother's Day. And this year Barry thought it'd be a good idea to join in the Homecoming festivities at church and have lunch there. Sounds great unless you consider that lunch has to be ready by 9:30am, when you leave for church. Bless him, he tried to make it a no stress day but that was a lot of pressure! Barry really did give me a great day though. I had a long nap in the afternoon and he did most of the Asa duty. Asa, on the other hand, got super sick before bed Sunday night and I was sad to see my day go out with him so pukey!! It really takes so much out of him to get sick.

The rest of this week has been busy with stuff. Not sure what exactly but I know I haven't gotten much accomplished and I'm tired so I must be doing something...somewhere. Monday I got some phone calls made. Tuesday was OT. Oh, Asa's OT gave me the name of a lady whose 7 month old was getting a G-tube. He got the mom's permission and my permission and then swapped our numbers. I called her today. The surgery is tomorrow! I hope I helped to calm her fears. She sounded like she was at the point we were at with Asa and just ready to get it over with so they could focus on other issues. Please pray for Lydia's family and doctors tomorrow.

This morning Asa got up at 4 am and then I had a terrible headache. I don't think my day started until after 11am today. Of course, then Asa's routine was off but I think we got it back on track. Hoping he sleeps better tonight. He has some booger of mosquito bites and they may have been bothering him. He doesn't scratch them but they are swollen and warm so they must hurt.

I do realize this must be one of the most boring post ever but I felt bad about leaving off the way I did on the last post! Maybe tomorrow will be more exciting and I'll have something fun to blog about tomorrow! HA!! Exciting and fun don't usually go hand in hand here!

No comments: