Monday, March 28, 2011

Blessings





I haven't been able to get this song off my mind for a few days now. I think each time we have a big doctors appointment I really start to think again. It's like most days are just our normal and I don't have anything else to compare it to. Then we have an appointment and we start getting the questions again. Not that I mind the questions at all. I love questions. I love to raise awareness and spread the word about mito. I can and will talk to anyone who seems interested....just ask my family! But it also brings a realization that we are different. Our blessings aren't the blessings of others.

I can't complain about our trials with mito. We are blessed that Asa has been so healthy for so long. There are no huge issues to be dealt with at these doctors appointments. He is following his own path for sure! For these things I'm beyond thankful! But if we wake up in the morning and Asa is miraculously healed then you won't hear me complain either!

This song helps remind me that my plan is not the best plan. Things won't go the way I want them to go but the struggles and disappointments have also brought so many blessings. I've learned more in the last 3 years than I did my first 30 years. God has opened my eyes to blessing and His hand in so many ways that I could not even begin to list them. God has taken every one of my weaknesses and made me stronger. He has pulled and stretched me but instead of breaking I've gained a stronger faith that I'm not alone or out of control.




"We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home
It's not our home"

I think these lyrics are my favorite of the whole song. While I'd love to have the "normal" that this world offers, I love even more the struggles of now for the "normal" of Heaven later! In fact I think the struggles make me long for Jesus even more. When I hear of the disasters happening more and more and all the signs of the end times, my first response is "yes, Lord, let it come"! Is that crazy to wish for tribulation and trials? Not when you know how the book ends!!! And I have assurance that I will overcome and be victorious!

I have even more peace since last week Cade announced that he gave his life to Christ. He has told us this many times before but he would never confess it before our church. And yes, he did this while Barry and I were 650 miles away in Houston. But again, God's timing not mine! In any case I can rest assured that my family will all be rejoicing at the feet of Jesus when the time comes. So why worry and stress about the rough times now when our eternity is gonna be so awesome!!! Yes, Lord, let it come!

1 comment:

gg said...

God IS good....