Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sugar and spice and everything nice

I realize that rhyme is used for little girls but I'm stealing it for my sweet boy!!

I've posted before about Asa playing with dry oatmeal in OT. How he comes back to me smelling of sugar and cinnamon and brown sugar and maple syrup! Yummmmmmm! Am I making you hungry? Those are some of the best smells in the world to me.

We've changed up our therapy schedule again and Asa now has speech/feeding at 9:30am. So yesterday Mrs. Jill fixed him oatmeal! So he has been playing with dry oatmeal and now he was gonna eat cooked oatmeal. He has also been eating Gerber Lil Crunchies in cinnamon and maple syrup flavor. Do you see a theme here! We've tried oatmeal many, many times and it always produces gagging and refusal if not all out puking! We have not had much success at all. Until yesterday!!!!

Asa had over a dozen bites and was great! He was a slow eater!! But he was an eater! I'm so excited. And he even had more oatmeal at home this morning!! I didn't do as good as Mrs. Jill though. I gave him big bites and didn't really watch for him to clear his mouth. He gagged once but he worked it around and then was ready for some more! First a straw cup and now oatmeal!!! Oh, I hope he keeps this up!!

He even had 2 bites of rice crispies cereal but those mixed textures didn't go over too well. But he tried, twice!! He really like stirring the cereal!

I was so excited to post this last night but once everyone was in bed and it was my computer time, I was tired! My bed won!!

Now here is proof in pictures! I rarely get pictures in speech/feeding therapy. It can seem slow going in there and hard to capture. Today Asa was hamming it up though! I think he likes breakfast with Mrs. Jill. Next week he requests biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs! :)


This was really a flirty face but I missed the grin so he looks upset doesn't he!



See, he was really happy about breakfast!



Asa loves the gloves so much that I considered feeding him at home with gloves! The cereal was a good distraction while he ate the oatmeal!

1 comment:

gg said...

Looks like he's saying "Mmmmm"!!!