Thursday, May 10, 2012

First steps!

Asa took his first steps completely unassisted yesterday!!!! Finally, at 4years 7 months old, he took 2 or 3 steps.....all alone! It was all unprompted too! Asa always does his best work when we aren't paying attention to him!

I was dropping him off at school yesterday. I propped him against a bookshelf with puzzles while I visited with the teachers. There was 4 of us standing near by talking about food and recipes. Asa had been kinda bouncing away from the edge but wouldn't come off the shelf. Mid sentence I looked over at him just in time to see him take 2 or 3 steps away from the shelf and sit/fall down on his bottom!!!! I looked up and one of the assistants had seen him too! We were both wide eyes and amazed! I tried to get him to try again but he wouldn't....of course!

Not too long ago just the leaning against the shelf would have freaked him out. And a hard sit onto the floor would have too!

Maybe I can get him on camera next time!! Don't count on it though! Lol

No comments: