Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Brand New Year

There's less than 2 hours left in 2011. My Facebook is covered with folks wishing away 2011 and welcoming 2012. I can't say that I'm sad to see 2011 go. In fact this year has been a pretty peaceful year for me. Asa made some steady developments and everyone's been healthy. I've felt very, very blessed.

Many of our mito friends have not had such a peaceful year. At this moment 2 little boys are very sick in the hospital. One little boy is home on hospice care and almost didn't make it to Christmas. Many friends spent Christmas or the days leading up to Christmas dealing with major medical issues. There was several, too many, that spent their last year on earth in 2011. Yes, 2011 has been a hard year for the mito community!

It has also been a year with bright spots. There's the new drug trial EPI-743. In 2011 the trial was opened up to many more kids. Several kids whose blogs I follow we're accepted and started the drug. They've all had success, some mild but others great! And none have had bad effects!! It is really very promising! I can only hope and pray that this really turns into a decent treatment for mito patients. They all deserve it!

My prayer is that no matter what 2012 holds for my family, that I have my eyes open for God's plan and that I praise Him in all things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you and all the family a wonderful year to come in 2012. Take care!