Thursday, April 7, 2011

What a cute monster!

We've created a monster! 

I took asa to school today. I got out his wheelchair.  I put him in it and unlocked the brakes. He wouldn't go in! I finally tried to push him in and he grabbed the wheels and wouldn't let me push him in! His speech therapist was coming in so she tried to get him to follow her. NOPE! 
He did take her hands and put them on the seat belt so she'd unbuckle him! She did and he walked with her hands to the grass but he was not going in! I finally just picked him up and carried him in and then go the wheelchair in! 

Who's idea was it to give him independence?! I love it!

I also think he is getting the hang of sitting up on his own. For Monday's nap he sat up twice by himself. Then last night at bedtime he did it two times again.  When I went in to get him this morning he was sitting up near the edge of the bed fussing at me!! 

I think the wheelchair may  help him walk. You'd think that by getting a chair we'd be giving up on walking but really it is doing the opposite. Pushing is building his upper body strength and coordination. Having the ability to easily explore is giving him some independence and adventure. When he walks now, he is using me less and less. And that's a win-win for sure!

On the pudding front..... Asa pooped about 7 times the next day! So no more chocolate pudding for a while! Or at least not 2 cups! You know I've got to give it to him again to see if he can handle it! 

No comments: