Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cell phone pics

Anna FINALLY got her drivers permit! I couldn't resist acting like it was a monumental event since we had to go to the DMV 4 times before all was said and done! She failed twice and then when she passed her school form had expired so we had to make a return trip with the proper papers. Whew, it's done though and now for the training!








Cade eats green bell peppers like apples! Now I love them too but not by the mouth full! P.S. I told him I wouldn't put this on FB so nobody tell him it's on the blog! Lol







Asa got sick in the car on the way to Aquatherapy Thursday. I cancelled since puking in the pool is frowned upon by the 20 or so other people in the pool! Instead we went to Target to get his reflux meds refilled in the hopes that being off of them for the last 2 days was why he turned into a human geyser. So much for a trial wean, I thought. We got the meds and cleaned off his braces and crocs in the bathroom (yay for washable shoes! They've been puked on and washed 3 times in the last week!). Then we picked out a new school polo and khaki shorts and were headed to the checkout when round 2 started! I guess I should be proud that he has gained some control and he kept in some stomach contents in from the episode in the van earlier but having the other 1/2 come up in the electronics row at Target was no fun either. I put the clothes back up and we went to the van. I had already stripped down the carseat so I stripped Asa down and we headed home.

And FYI, that's why you should carry Lysol wipes for the buggies! I cleaned our buggy as good as I could but I'm sure I missed some of those nooks and crannies! Do you think they ever give them all a good washing down in scalding water.....like the lunch tray washer at schools? They should!



By the time we got home he had a 102 degree fever. I plugged a drain bag in and gave Motrin. He was puny looking and was ready to take him in after a nap. Instead, he just rested a while and then popped up like he was fine! My mom retired and they had her and some others a party. We picked Anna up from school and headed over there for the last 10 minutes. It was a nice gathering but we missed most of it. Asa did have 2 cups of punch so we ran away before that decided to make a reappearance. It never did though so I gave him a cup of formula and then some peanut butter and crackers.



I kept him home from school Friday because he looked tired and while he'd had no episodes I was a little wary! No need to share any germs! Good thing too because I thought it was a random bug but this morning he has a few bumps on his nose and hands so I'm guessing the Hand, Foot Mouth that was going around finally found him. We knew he'd been exposed on Saturday but when he had no symptoms by Wednesday we thought he was in the clear. That was a loooong incubation period! He did feel well enough to get a haircut though. In fact, this was the first haircut that wasn't a huge ordeal. Probably because we did it outside! I told him I needed to get around his ears and he turned around and laid down like this on his own! How smart is that?!?!




Is this eye issue something I need to check into? He saw an ophthalmologist last spring but I'm not sure he knew what he was doing. He just assumed Asa was blind and seemed stunned when Asa could see. It was odd.





Still a pretty awesome little guy!



Oh and no pic but Asa just crawled a few shuffles! Barry had seen him do it but Asa wouldn't do it for me. Barry told him to show me so Asa leaned forward and shuffled a little! Such a stinker!!!!

1 comment:

Roxy said...

Oh my Kim, how your children are growing up! I can remember you getting your permit!!

Congrats Anna!! And as for having to re-take the test, that thing is hard! I just hope I don't ever have to take it again :)