Thursday, October 4, 2012

Birthday Time!!!

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! (Psalm 139:13-17 ESV)


Asa's 5th birthday is Sunday! A birthday is a time when we look back and remember and look forward with hope. That's not always pleasant in our situation. I don't found memories of holding and snuggling with Asa in the hospital. He was in the NICU and I went home alone. His first year was hard! There was grieving, sadness and I was bitter for a while.

Then I really soaked in these verses. I mean, SOAKED in! Let them go into my bones, drenching every ounce of me! Asa is no surprise to God! We sat in shock and tears realizing something wasn't right with our boy, but God just smiled and said "he is perfect"! How can I argue with the Creator!!!!

Each new development will be the same. Whether Asa is walking or not. If he starts talking or not. If he eats or doesn't eat. If we endure heartache, God is in control! He's got this! Asa's future is written and I trust the Aurthor and Designer!

We will celebrate Asa's blessed 5 years on this earth on Sunday from 1-3pm at our church. Asa's been gifted a Dream Cake by Icing Smiles and I'm sure it'll be amazing! There will be plenty! If anyone local wants to join us, please come! We've had so many praying for us all and you deserve to celebrate and be in awe of God's perfect creation too! If you need directions just send me an email or comment but I'd just soon not advertise it for the WHOLE world to see! Lol

And just so you are warned, Asa may completely freak out and want no part in a party so he may watch from a distance. Or he may jump right in and attack the party! I'm hoping he'll have a blast but I'm ready to roll with him needing a break too! So come celebrate with us!

No comments: