Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A sad day!

So much has happened in the last week that I need to catch up on but first I have some sad news. A sweet little mito friend died this morning. I met Karrie and Jason with Emma on our first trip to the Nashville mito meetings right after we got a diagnosis. Turns out they are from Memphis and Karrie has been a part of my mito moms breakfasts, lunches and dinners since!!! Karrie is one super moma and an amazing advocate! Emma was blessed to have these 2 parents! I can't tell you how special they are! And Emma is one sweet little girl. Such a fighter! She'd given us all a huge scare back in the fall but was doing well when passed away this morning. Just so sad! Join me in praying for peace and comfort for Karrie, Jason, their families and Emma's 1 year old brother and sister. I'm just having such a hard time finding words!











In other news:
Anna is a highschool freshman, Cade is a 5th grader, Gracie is a 3rd grader and Asa finished out his first year of school. Last week all the schools had awards days. Anna won perfect attendance (but skipped awards day for her fear of being recognized!), Cade won a Citizenship award and Gracie won an award for making A's and B's. Asa's class had a awards day but it was in the morning and he is an afternoon kid. It was also just to recognize the kids who were graduating into Kindergarten so Asa and I didn't go. When I picked him up from school that afternoon, I was surprised by an award for myself!!! Asa's teachers recognized me as a great parent! How nice is that!!!

Asa has his stick test with the allergy doctor on Friday. Can you even imagine how excited I am about this! I'm sure it'll be fine and you just do what you gotta do but it won't be pretty! Asa has gone a couple of weeks with no puking episodes and just this week started it up again! I'm sure having a dozen needles poked into your back will induce puking. The plus side is it should give us answers and force me to be strict about Asa's diet. I've been so wishy washy about the no diary, not really wanting to make changes until after the tests.

I'm sure there was much more news but I'm so distracted that I can't recall. Maybe tomorrow I'll just go through my pics and see if I can come up with more to post.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so sad to hear about little Emma. This disease is SO HARD!!!! and takes way too many little lives :( Her family is in my thoughts and prayers.

I chuckled a little about Anna skipping the ceremony. sounds like something i would have done back then lol.

Kim and Asa said...

Sarah if it involves pubic recognition Anna is OUT!!! The first year that I let her skip was 6th grade. I later found out she was Student of the Year for 6th grade! Nice! :)