Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Exciting news and a request!

Our super sweet mito friends have been accepted into a drug trial for a promising new treatment for mito. They will have to travel from Millington to Ohio every 3 months while Jackson is in the trial. They are selling Boston butts, turkeys and hams from Corky's to help with the expenses. I can't even tell you how deserving this family is! Emily raises money for the UMDF with a 5K in March every ye ar. She organizes our family meetings and welcomes newly diagnosed families into the area. They are true mito warriors and now they need some support of their own! This drug is having amazing results on many of the kids in the trials. Asa doesn't have the type of mito they are trialing the drug on but they think the drug will help all mito patients. It is truly the first promising treatment for mito! I'm so exciting for Jackson and his family! If any of you local friends place an order let me know and I'll pick your order up when I get mine. I'll deliver right to your door! And if you aren't interested in the meat then please consider just sending a donation. I'm terrible at fundraising and asking for money but this family really deserves this chance! So, here's Emily's Facebook message: Ok FB Friends.... I am selling Corky's Smoked Boston Butts $25.00 (4.5lbs. feeds 10-12), Spiral Sliced Honey Glazed Hams $40.00 (8lbs. feeds 12-15), and Smoked Turkeys $30.00 (8lbs. feeds 12-15) just in time for football season, Thanksgiving and Christmas, New Years! All meat will be fully cooked, wrapped, bagged and then frozen for food safety. They will be delivered in a Corky's gift box with heating instructions included. In order to be delivered by Thanksgiving I must have all orders by 10 A.M. on Nov. 13th. Orders can be picked up on Nov. 20th with time and place to be announced. You can pay me in person or mail me a check. I must have the money when I place the order on the 13th. I know this is quick so spread the word fast! Email all orders to me at Mitojack@gmail.com Mail checks to Emily Culley 8852 Herring Hill Millington, Tn 38053 Thank you all so much for your support through out this mito journey! Here's Jackson's blog if you want to get more info on the sweet guy!

No comments: