Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's been a while!

I can't believe how long its been since I updated! I've thought about it and wrote updates in my head but never got farther than that! Since it'd take too long to go back that far I'll try to hit the highlights and then update regularly again!

Asa got his foot braces. SMOs. They go just above his ankles. I'll have to get a pic sometime. He is doing fine with them. He doesn't seem mind wearing them.

He also started aqua therapy. The first week I had the time wrong. In fact, I had planned out the whole day for another week! I had planned for several appts that didn't even exist until the next week! For our second appt the therapist cancelled. It was good too because Asa had a stomach bug that was going around his class. They were already scared of his regular puke I'm sure they wouldn't like diarrhea added to the mix! The third time was a charm though and Asa did great! He was so tired afterwards though! So was I! I had to get in and be on puke patrol. I also got to do some of the exercises with them.

And speaking of puke.... no one told Asa's GI system that it was normal so it continues to gag, reflux, puke and constipate him daily. He has all but stopped eating food and only wants his Elecare to drink. I guess this isn't so bad all things considered but it sure isn't "normal". I don't even know what to say about it but it isn't fun at all.

So that's pretty much a quick catch up. Hopefully I won't get so far behind again! :-)

No comments: